[Cialug] Ubuntu 12,04 LTS

David Champion dchamp1337 at gmail.com
Tue Nov 19 13:56:57 CST 2013

You can also install Xubuntu, Kubuntu, etc.

I'm running Ubuntu 13.x on my desktop at home, but use KDE 99% of the time.
I use Ubuntu because I wanted to try the Steam client and Ubuntu was the
only officially supported platform.

If I want to use Unity, I just log out and choose my WM at the login
screen. I much prefer the KDE experience - it's much more responsive, and I
like that I can have it remember what apps I had open and where they were
placed - i.e. I usually have at least Chrome and a terminal window open.

-dc