[Cialug] Open Source Collaboration Software

Jeffrey Ollie jeff at ocjtech.us
Sat Nov 2 18:50:26 CDT 2013

On Sat, Nov 2, 2013 at 9:59 AM, Todd Walton <tdwalton at gmail.com> wrote:

> But on to the reason I'm emailing now.  I'm looking for open source
> software for... uh... collaboration?  I think that's the hip-speak term for
> what I want.  Ultimately, I want a place for a group of people to upload
> and download files, maybe a calendar, tasks for each other... and here's
> the important point for me: workflow.  I want to be able to write workflow
> rules to trigger on various events and do something clever.  Email in,
> time, database reads.
>
> Anyone have any other suggestions I might check out?

Have you checked out ownCloud?  I think it's trying to be an open
source Google Mail/Calender/Docs clone.  It's fairly easy to set up, I
have an instance running on a server at rackspace, although I don't
use it that much.

I'm not sure that it does workflow, but it does pretty much everything else.

--
Jeff Ollie