[Cialug] Simple LDAP auth?

Paul Gray gray at cs.uni.edu
Mon Mar 25 19:55:52 CDT 2013

On 03/25/2013 07:38 PM, Matthew Nuzum wrote:
> Has anyone seen a good, easy tutorial on centralizing ssh access via LDAP? I've reviewed a few tutorials but I just don't have the patience for them. What would be awesome is if there was a package for Ubuntu that I could install, it would ask me a few questions, and then I'd be done, I'd have an LDAP server and the local machine would be configured to authenticate against it. Then I could install a similar package on other machines and point them to this server for authentication.

10,000-foot perspective.  Some manual labor required, but this works:

apt-get install migrationtools slapd ldap-utils

Configure slapd for your domain.

Head into /usr/share/migrationtools

Edit the only .ph file in the directory -  migrate_common.ph
Search for every (there are only 2 that are uncommented) occurrence of
"padl" and replace it with the correct domain/ou for your organization.

export LDAPADD="ldapadd -c" #continue in the presence of errors

Then, pick your poison for migration to ldap from the choices in
/usr/share/migrationtools.

You'll want minimally, to use the migrate_{passwd,group}.pl options, but
I've had good luck with migrate_all_online.pl as well.

--
Paul Gray                                         -o)
314 East Gym, Dept. of Computer Science           /\\