[Cialug] GUI Programming

Morris Dovey mrdovey at iedu.com
Wed Mar 6 14:47:26 CST 2013

On 3/6/13 1:15 PM, Todd Walton wrote:

> Question: If you are a programmer, how often do you program GUIs?
> Visual stuff other than markup?

For me, about once/decade - which means that it's always as a newbie. As
misfortune would have it, I'm struggling with a JavaScript nightmare today.

Current problem: it only opens a file if I click on the browse button
and select the file /twice/. :-(

If you (or anyone) recognizes the behavior, the code is at
http://www.iedu.com/tmp/Plotter2.html and there is a plot data file at
http://www.iedu.com/tmp/data.txt and I can handle being ridiculed for
making obvious, dumb mistakes. :-)

The predecessor, which has hard-coded data (and doesn't do any parsing)
is Plotter.html in the same directory.

The application is a sharable web page to make it easy for alternative
energy folks in widely separated locations to "see" each others'
experimental results.

I could go for a pizza right about now. :o)

Morris