[Cialug] Complete C source online - chapter two: The PRISMer of Zenda

Scott Yates Scott at yatesframe.com
Thu Jul 25 13:24:41 CDT 2013

Kenny, thank you for being the voice of reason here.  Extremes on either
side are not helpful.  I agree that there is a lot to digest in the
revelations of late.  I do NOT think that working on ideas to keep your own
data more secure is any kind of waste of time or paranoia.

That being said, the government has shown itself to be untrustworthy, and
it has NOT been getting better.  Despite what Pete seems to think, there
does not need to be a room full of analysts personally looking at all your
emails.  Big data and statistical analysis have been able to generate
actionable signals for quite some time now.

I don't mean to be argumentative here.  I just want to point out that the
tone on this list was quite calm and reasonable until Pete's self admitted
"meltdown".

I am all for reasoned debate, but lets try to keep the tone here civil and
constructive.