[Cialug] open source digital signage with Linux

nathan.smith at rockinghamridge.com nathan.smith at rockinghamridge.com
Mon Jul 22 12:36:10 CDT 2013

Hi Cialug friends,

I would like to set up a couple digital signs using open source
software running on Linux.  Unfortunately, most of the software I've
seen so far either requires a Windows-based player on the sign or has
other complexities or requirements.

Has anybody done anything with open source digital signage, preferrably
running on Linux?  Are there projects you can recommend?

Ideally I'd like to be able to make updates via the network (via
ssh/rss/CMS or whatever) and have a low power/low price machine like a
Raspberry pi running the sign client display.

Thanks for any information you can share, or pointers you may have.

-Nate