[Cialug] network solutions

L. V. Lammert lvl at omnitec.net
Thu Jul 18 10:55:17 CDT 2013

On Thu, 18 Jul 2013, Daniel A. Ramaley wrote:

> >My DNS is handled by Linode's DNS servers, informed by a hidden master
>
> That's also the direction i'm moving towards.

We have been using BuddyNS for our SLUUG domains, .. for home use,
something like no-ip might be appropriate.

> Just curious, which DNS software have you settled on for your public
> servers? I'm still using Bind, but it seems like overkill for such a
> task.

bind has been used for what, 30 years? Not overkill, .. it just works. It
also runs chroot'd on the appropriate OS (e.g. OpenBSD), which adds a very
important layer of security. Of course, that assumes you have a static IP.

	Lee