[Cialug] network solutions

Matt Stanton matt at itwannabe.com
Wed Jul 17 14:23:54 CDT 2013

Just the price compared to other registrars.  It's only $5/domain/yr, but sometimes that's enough to make you start wondering if you can really get a better deal elsewhere.  Other people talk about how they get good service from places like namecheap.com and some other registrars.  I start wondering if it's really worth the extra $15 I pay per year for dyn.com if the stability and speed might be the same elsewhere... I'm not sure I would ever really notice small DNS outages, and I'm not really sure if other registrars ever really suffer from outages.

So I'm not sure if I'm afraid to go elsewhere or if I'm just too lazy to change.  I've never had a problem out of Dyn, but I'm not sure if problems should be expected out of any of the registrars...

-- Matt (N0BOX)

Sent from my ASUS Transformer