[Cialug] Anti-Phishing

Todd Walton tdwalton at gmail.com
Fri Jan 25 11:46:10 CST 2013

According to the "Anti-Phishing Working Group" (who?), out of 93,462
phishing attacks in the first half of 2012, the median uptime was a
mere 5 hours and 45 minutes.  That's impressive!  Even more
impressively, Netcraft claims that with their tools they've gotten
their phishing countermeasures down to 2 hours and 12 minutes.  Also,
"Only 58 of the 64,204 domain names [used in attacks] were
internationalized domain names (IDNs), and none were homographic
attacks."

http://docs.apwg.org/reports/APWG_GlobalPhishingSurvey_1H2012.pdf

I hate it how I can't preview a URL on my Android phone before I click on it.

--
Todd