[Cialug] WiFi at 1000'

Anthony Jeffries ajeffri at angrywithunicorns.org
Wed Aug 7 14:08:56 CDT 2013

On 8/7/13 12:02 PM, L. V. Lammert wrote:
> <snippity-do-dah>
> Tried three of them on a project a few years ago, .. we couldn't get 1000'
> with them, much less multi-kilometer. The path was line-of-sight, but the
> ground rose between the two buildings and the 'sight' was only a few feet
> above the ground over the 'hump'. The best speed I could get on the link
> was about 500Kbps, so we abandonded them - the customer decided not to do
> it.
>
> 	Lee
What does the path on your current project look like? If there's
anything seriously protruding into the fresnel zone on the path, you may
want to consider products that promise near-line-of-sight (or NLOS in
the literature). We use our Cambium Networks units in that type of
environment, over a really long path, and they work well.

--
Tony Jeffries
ajeffri at angrywithunicorns.org
N0NRO