[Cialug] Tar file corruption

Josh More jmore at starmind.org
Tue Apr 30 14:11:36 CDT 2013

This advice will almost certainly not work.  But it's fun to think about.
:)

1) Use archivemount to mount your archive to a file system.
2) Use dd to convert that "file system" to a disk image.
3) Use autopsy ( http://www.sleuthkit.org/autopsy/ ) to seek within that
disk image as if it's a failed drive.

Good luck.

-Josh