[Cialug] Hosted VOIP (off topic)

David Bierce david at bierce.org
Tue Apr 23 13:57:41 CDT 2013

You'll want to first verify that can get you Iowa DID numbers, if that is important.  A year ago, when I check, a few companies, including 8x8 and bandwidth.com were not able to telephone numbers in all US states*   *except numbers terminating in Iowa Markets  Ended up having to with Vel.net for DIDs and Trunks with Velocity as a backup.

I will not speculate on the specialness of Iowa's telephone setup.  I do hear internetsolver and freesenotis are the local ISPs trying to sell it VoIP :)