[Cialug] Last night's excitement when Reddit melted our server

David Runneals david at runneals.com
Sat Apr 20 12:08:24 CDT 2013

Matthew, I suggest when you have large loads to used Cloudflare. Cloudflare
makes sense even when you don't have large loads by helping to protect you
from D-DOS attacks. I used it on ours, but we haven't really used it to
it's full potential yet since we haven't ever been attacked. But then
again, I use Dreamhost, so I have more bandwidth to work with vs. the guys
who have servers in their homes and works, which would better use the
Cloudflare protection.

David Runneals