[Cialug] ML330

Matthew Nuzum newz at bearfruit.org
Sat Sep 15 21:52:22 CDT 2012

Hi, that server isn't certified for Ubuntu but several of it's siblings
are. I see several ML3xx servers on this page, some have notes.
http://www.ubuntu.com/certification/server/make/HP/?page=2

For example: http://www.ubuntu.com/certification/hardware/201206-11148/ML350
Gen 8 says:

 Testing details

This system was tested with Ubuntu 12.04 LTS, running the 3.2.0-23.36
kernel.

Certification notes System is certified with Dynamic Smart Array disabledTo
disable Dynamic Smart Array: * Press F9 to boot into RBSU * Navigate to
System Options -> HP Dynamic Smart Array B320i and select disable * Go to
System options -> SATA Controller options and select Legacy SATA or AHCI *
Reboot the machine and now you will be able to install the OS.

On Fri, Sep 14, 2012 at 10:22 PM, L. V. Lammert <lvl at omnitec.net> wrote:

> Have not dealt with HP/Compaq much, .. but I *thought* the install was
> going great until reboot.
>
> > Configured SmartArray for RAID10, but SuSE 12.2 did not 'see' it; tried
> to use the Compaq driver but it was a non-starter also.
>
> > So, .. built SoftRaid for RAID6 & finished the install.
>
> Verified /dev/sda1 as the boot partition (OK), .. but nada. What's the
> trick to get it to BOOT??
>
>         TIA,
>
>         Lee

Matthew Nuzum