[Cialug] Samba share login failure

Gary Sobek gsobek at aec-corp.com
Fri Oct 26 11:33:55 CDT 2012

First of all I’m still a Linux newbie.  Our ubuntu\samba server recently restarted from power failure.  Since the restart the windows clients can open the share but a Lanier LD135 MFD cannot
scan to the same share.  This MFD could scan to this share prior to the restart but not now.  The lanier SMB settings are this format : file://%20samba/ IP address\samba share name , username, password.  The same username and password can open the samba share from a windows client.

This MFD can scan to a windows share.

Ideas

TIA,

Gary Sobek