[Cialug] laptop suggestions

Matt Stanton matt at itwannabe.com
Thu Oct 4 14:24:43 CDT 2012

You're taking away all the good reasons to buy a shiny new toy!  :(

There certainly are much cheaper ways to do what you want than to get a tablet with a keyboard dock.  The current Asus Transformers start at $400, and the keyboard docks cost an additional $150.  For that you can get a decent 2nd or 3rd generation Core i5 laptop (unless the Apple logo is on it).  It does make sense to go the way of the tablet if you want to get a tablet anyway, though.  I was just trying to point out that many of the thing you might want a netbook to do you can get done with a tablet.  After I bought the keyboard dock for my Transformer I found that I no longer used my netbook, so I ended up giving it to my mom.  It's amazing how much further Android has come since then, too.

-- Matt (N0BOX)

Sent from my ASUS Transformer