[Cialug] 'Talking' with an RPG database

David Champion dave at dchamp.net
Tue May 15 16:53:59 CDT 2012

There are lots of ways to get data out of DB2. i.e. :

http://php.net/manual/en/ref.pdo-odbc.php

I used this once several years ago, seemed to work OK.

If it's something that's going to remain active on the AS/400, you'll
have to configure the networking to allow the connection.

If it's an old system you just need data out of, I'd dump it and import
into another database like mysql or postgres.

-dc