[Cialug] Linux on locked machines

Prescott Kulow scott.kulow at gmail.com
Tue May 15 13:09:21 CDT 2012

I wouldn't be surprised if he couldn't install virtualization software
on the laptop.  I know that my work laptop gets scanned periodically
and I would get a nastygram for installing "unapproved software" and
have to remove it.

IT departments aren't dumb.  They know that letting people create and
run VMs on their machines can be a way to circumvent their policies.