[Cialug] Linux on locked machines

Nicolai nicolai-cialug at chocolatine.org
Thu May 10 15:05:45 CDT 2012

On Thu, May 10, 2012 at 02:48:20PM -0500, jrnosee wrote:
> Problem is it's running windows 7 and the hard
> drive has been encrypted with M$'s bitlocker.
>
> Any suggestions for running linux on locked down equipment?

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/BitLocker_Drive_Encryption

Unless I misunderstand, Microsoft Bitlocker is full drive encryption, no
more, no less.  If that is the case, and your employer will let you
install whatever you want, just install Linux as per usual.

If your employer will not let you install whatever you want, then
Bitlocker is not relevant to your issue.

I'm confused by your post.  Omitting pertinent information often breeds
distrust...

Nicolai