[Cialug] Nagios check_nt

L. V. Lammert lvl at omnitec.net
Wed May 9 14:16:56 CDT 2012

At 01:16 PM 5/9/2012, you wrote:
>Lee,
>Running standard Nagios checks via Cygwin sounds painful.  Have you tried
>Check-MK yet? OMD makes this pretty simple and you'll be wondering why you
>didn't go this route earlier.  Granted the reverse ssh tunnel w/Cygwin may
>be non-standard but the rest is easy w/Check-MK.  With Check-MK I'm not
>seeing any reason as to why you'd want to even mess with check_proc.

Hi Cory,

I may be dense, .. but check_mk states:

Test

If the agent is running properly you should be able to connect to the
Windows host to TCP port 6556 from the Nagios host. You can test this
for example with telnet:

I see nothing in the docs about running it over a reverse link, .. ??
If the Nagios box cannot reach out and touch the Windows box, how
does check_mk communicate?

         Thanks!

         Lee

PS - Have been having much better luck with precomplied plugins from
the Nagios Exchange, .. the other benefit from the reverse tunnel is
maintenance access, something not possible with NSClient++ or passive checks.