[Cialug] annual Ubunutu bust.

Matthew Nuzum newz at bearfruit.org
Tue May 8 23:02:50 CDT 2012

On Tue, May 8, 2012 at 3:58 PM, Ralph Kessel <ralphkessel75 at yahoo.com> wrote:
>  Thanks Matt for your timely response.  This time I'm at the end of my rope.  I believe my problem is the age of my machine.  I tried to install with Wubi and when I tried to boot it only wanted to boot into guest mode with no apps.
> I attempted to reinstall an old release (Ubuntu 10.04) and it wanted to reconfigure my whole may machine and I don't wish to wipe out my windows partition.  As bad as it is--maybe--I'm far more luck than with installing Linux.
> If someone could come to my house in the evening - I have only two classes left on Wednesday night-- I would be more than happy to step through the nightmare.  Or somebody else may volunteer. I assure you will be paid for your time.   If you could get me back to an old release that would be great as my printer stop working once I got into release 11 which is the least of my problems.
> I am fortunate to have to functioning windows machines and there I will stay until somebody is able to help.
> You guys have been most helpful to this old dolt and I do appreciate your help.
>
> Thanks,
> Ralph

So you're using Wubi? Do you have any data you want to save? If not,
you can just uninstall wubi from the Windows control panel and then
re-install. It's just a file on your windows partition and wubi tricks
Ubuntu into thinking it's a hard-drive. You don't have to create or
modify any partitions (Windows or otherwise) when using Wubi.

--
Matthew Nuzum
newz2000 on freenode, skype, linkedin and twitter