[Cialug] Gnome 3

L. V. Lammert lvl at omnitec.net
Mon Mar 12 20:57:38 CDT 2012

On Mon, 12 Mar 2012, Sean Mooney wrote:

> I've become quite a fan of XMonad. It's light weight and very
> customisable.  I started using it when my dual head video card died and
> I had to drop back to the integrated graphics card on my mother board.
> Desktop space was at a premium and a tiling window was a VERY GOOD
> THING. Now that I have two screens again, I still find a tiling window
> manager more efficient than dragging windows about the desktop.
>
> Sean Mooney.

I can run XFCE or another of the 'lightweight' window managers, but, then,
what's the use? How can the most sophisticated software system in
existance fail so miserably? Have NONE of the distro vendors condsidered
how to manage displays? Removing sax2 was a HORRIBLE decision - there is
nothing to replace it! No tool, no configuration 'applet', ..

This whole sitiation is EXTREMELY frustrating! THREE machines with a
SINGLE WORKING VERSION of Gnome3 or KDE4! Two might be a tad older, but
the 3rd is right off the shelf!

</rant>

	Lee