[Cialug] mythtv + hdhomerun + mediacom

jrnosee jrnosee at gmail.com
Tue Jun 5 15:46:34 CDT 2012

lvl above is right.  Your issue is likely channel mapping.  I believe
mediacom is still only providing guide data out based on THEIR mapping of
channels (if you get their *free* tuner box the channels still have the
same number, but if you try to view via a QAM they're different).  I have
an hdhomerun working with W7MCE and have my channels mapped to the
"classic" channel numbers and it's fine for guide data.

On that note, I just bought a CC HDHR tuner and will likely have my older 2
tuner HDHR for sale soon.  <-- Taking bids now!  Just waiting to get my new
tuner and get it set up.

As to the question of CC & MythTV....NOPE (mostly)*:
http://www.mythtv.org/wiki/CableCARD
*You can get some things, but it has to be marked 'Copy Freely' (no DRM)
coming from the cable company.