[Cialug] Xen network issue

L. V. Lammert lvl at omnitec.net
Fri Jul 27 15:28:57 CDT 2012

On Fri, 27 Jul 2012, Daniel A. Ramaley wrote:

> What do you mean by a "xen box"? A Citrix XenServer? If you Google
> "xenserver change ip" you should get what you need.

What I find only shows changing the configuration on machines, .. but that
is problemetic.

> You mention yast though, which makes me think you aren't running
> XenServer. Yast is a SUSE thing, right? Can you run Xen on SUSE?

Xen *originated* on SuSE, .. it's part of the distro, has been for many
years.

> I don't know if Xen keeps any internal state regarding the IP and
> other network settings, but if it does then after changing them maybe
> you need to restart some other service (or just reboot).

It does, but that isn't the problem.

HAVE made some progress, however, .. br0 kept coming up with a bogus IP,
.. changed it to match the IP of the host and the *host* is running.

Now, the Guest remains.

	TFTR!

	Lee