[Cialug] Xen network issue

Daniel A. Ramaley daniel.ramaley at drake.edu
Fri Jul 27 14:47:53 CDT 2012

What do you mean by a "xen box"? A Citrix XenServer? If you Google
"xenserver change ip" you should get what you need.

You mention yast though, which makes me think you aren't running
XenServer. Yast is a SUSE thing, right? Can you run Xen on SUSE? I don't
know if Xen keeps any internal state regarding the IP and other network
settings, but if it does then after changing them maybe you need to
restart some other service (or just reboot).

On 2012-07-27 at 13:39:39, L. V. Lammert wrote:
>Trying to move a xen box live, and this involved switching from dhcp
>to static IPs. I changed the IPs in yast, but nothing works.
>
>What is involved other than changing IPs of the host, guest, default
>route, & DNS?

__
Daniel A. Ramaley
Network Engineer 2

Dial Center 112, Drake University
2407 Carpenter Ave / Des Moines IA 50311 USA
Tel: +1 515 271-4540
Fax: +1 515 271-1938
E-mail: daniel.ramaley at drake.edu