[Cialug] Don't do this...

Don Ellis don.ellis at gmail.com
Mon Jul 23 13:26:02 CDT 2012

On Mon, Jul 23, 2012 at 12:40 PM, Zachary Kotlarek <zach at kotlarek.com> wrote:

> On Jul 23, 2012, at 9:56 AM, kristau wrote:

> I always use the raw disk instead of partitions for VMs and LVM volumes (real or virtualized). In such environments there are better tools for managing volumes, and I don't want to deal with the limitations of the partition table, or the extra set of steps when you want to resize/etc.

Zach,

I'm sure you've said it before, but just in case it's changed since then --

What VM tool(s) are you currently using/prefer? Lee and I have been
using VirtualBox, but starting to consider switching to Xen (at least
for some applications). Each has benefits and restrictions. I think
any VM tool will call for some kind of compromise (including having to
pay for it ;-) ).

--Don Ellis