[Cialug] HTML Editors

David Champion dchamp1337 at gmail.com
Sat Jan 28 15:23:32 CST 2012

I really depends on what you're doing. If you're using a CMS, then LV may
be right, that you can start with a template and do some tweaking.

If you're developing your own web apps, I've seen a lot of people start
with a tool like Dreamweaver, but you'll usually end up doing some manual
editing with a text editor, break thinks up into templates or includes.

Most web app frameworks have an included template system, and use a MVC
style, if you're doing custom development, take a look at some of those.

I used to not like Dreamweaver, because it produced really bad HTML with
font tags everywhere and lots wasteful spacer graphics, but I think that's
changed.

-dc