[Cialug] Swap for a USB Drive

Matthew Nuzum newz at bearfruit.org
Sat Jan 21 09:48:11 CST 2012

Don't get a USB drive with software that makes it run automatically or
install software to the drive. (ulive might be what it's called) It still
works but it causes a little frustration. Best is just a plain USB thumb
drive.

I picked up this tiny 8GB drive at Staples last weekend for $9.99. Barely
sticks out of the usb drive, fits nicely on my keychain. (yes, it has a cap
to protected it)

There are easy to follow instructions on making your own live Ubuntu usb
drive at http://www.ubuntu.com/download/ubuntu/download just scroll down
and do the "show me" stuff. The Windows tool it instructs you to download
has the capability to install other distros in addition to Ubuntu.

[image: 20120121_094303.jpg]