[Cialug] DLNA

Nathaniel Petersen major.stubble at gmail.com
Wed Jan 11 10:15:05 CST 2012

I also PS3MediaServer (though admittedly, it's on my Windows box).  I run
it on significantly less-powerful hardware:
  2 GB of RAM
  AMD Athlon II X2 250

I have found that the biggest influence on how well *any* DLNA server works
comes down to network.  I've streamed DVD rips (I was using the PS3 and a
projector hooked up through component cables, so it won't upscale DVDs)
from a puny black Macbook (1GB RAM, Intel Core Duo underclocked to 1GHz,
Ubuntu 10.04 LTS).  I had zero issues streaming over an 802.11g network.

-Nick