[Cialug] DLNA

Jeff Chapin chapinjeff at gmail.com
Tue Jan 10 11:43:09 CST 2012

Less than you would think...

3 something GB of ram (4GB on the mobo, only 3.25 can be used for some
reason) and Intel(R) Core(TM)2 Duo CPU     T7700  @ 2.40GHz.

I also run Vuze (a java bit torrent client) on the same box, watch
videos at the same time my wife is watching on the dlna client, browse
the web, and IRC. It's not usually overtaxed. The encoding is done by
mencoder. I do hit swap harder than I would like, but that is because I
tweaked the java parameters for the DLNA server up to have much more RAM
than the default.

Jeff