[Cialug] laptop wifi

Nathan C. Smith nathan.smith at ipmvs.com
Tue Feb 7 08:04:54 CST 2012

I have an issue sort of like yours on a Debian Laptop.

If I choose one of the SSIDs the GUI finds and create a config the wireless will not work, but if I create one manually "from scratch" using the GUI it works.  So try going through the GUI and creating your own wireless link by just putting in the settings instead of choosing an SSID first.

Try Barry's suggestion too, that should confirm things are working.

There may be a newer version of the firmware for your wireless card?

-Nate