[Cialug] Good uses for smaller disks?

Don Ellis don.ellis at gmail.com
Mon Dec 31 18:27:57 CST 2012

I like the idea of using the for archival storage. Newer/denser drives
are less durable/reliable, so quite a lot of precious memories can fit
on these, for less cost than equivalent thumbdrives (and greater
reliability).

Just be sure the bank isn't in a flood plain. In 1993, at least one St
Louis MO bank found their safe deposit section (as well as the rest of
the bank) flooded when the Mississippi Rive left its banks.
Earthquakes might be less problem, since I expect safe deposit areas
to be fire-protected.

--Don Ellis