[Cialug] Booting an iso image with grub2

Matt Stanton matt at itwannabe.com
Sun Dec 30 23:54:07 CST 2012

I've run across howtos on this before and, naturally, I can't seem to find them.  I did run across an Ubuntu forums post that you might be able to find some info in if you're willing to dig around:

I also ran across this nifty article about how it's possible to use Unetbootin to automatically set up the ISO and modify your grub2 menu:

http://www.webupd8.org/2011/02/how-to-boot-iso-with-grub2-easy-way.html

I believe I ran across the Grub2/ISO boot option rundown on the Arch Linux wiki, but I can't find it, so I could be wrong (or the page was about something else and just mentioned this ability... or I saw it in the Grub2 man pages when I was pulling my hair out trying to do things "the Arch Way" (yeah, I've been sucked into Arch a bit lately (triple-parenthetical nest FTW!))).

-- Matt (N0BOX)

Sent from my ASUS Transformer