[Cialug] Nagios check_nt

L. V. Lammert lvl at omnitec.net
Wed Apr 25 11:27:27 CDT 2012

At 10:00 AM 4/25/2012, you wrote:
>Have you checked out Check-MK yet? (http://mathias-kettner.de/check_mk.html).
>  It does use it's own agent and quite a bit more efficient than Nagios'
>standard active checks via NRPE.  It has built in support for running the
>agent over SSH tunnels though not sure how well it would work with your
>Windows systems.  (
>http://mathias-kettner.de/checkmk_datasource_programs.html

Had not found check_MK, .. thanks for the info!

Looking more at NSCLient++ & NSCA right now as there are a bunch of
remote Windoze machines where the only link we have to them is a
reverse SSH tunnel (and, of course, RDP).

>Currently I'm monitoring just over 500 hosts with 10k services and so far
>my server has no problem keeping up with each host being polled once every
>two minutes.

What was your final architecture? Do you do any Windoze machines?

>If you're wanting to setup a quick environment to test out your old config
>check out OMD (http://omdistro.org/)

Excellent - thanks!

         Lee