[Cialug] Nagios check_nt

Cory Meyer cory.meyer at gmail.com
Wed Apr 25 10:00:45 CDT 2012

Have you checked out Check-MK yet? (http://mathias-kettner.de/check_mk.html).
 It does use it's own agent and quite a bit more efficient than Nagios'
standard active checks via NRPE.  It has built in support for running the
agent over SSH tunnels though not sure how well it would work with your
Windows systems.  (
http://mathias-kettner.de/checkmk_datasource_programs.html)

Currently I'm monitoring just over 500 hosts with 10k services and so far
my server has no problem keeping up with each host being polled once every
two minutes.

If you're wanting to setup a quick environment to test out your old config
check out OMD (http://omdistro.org/)

-Cory