[Cialug] NetBotz?

Nathan C. Smith nathan.smith at ipmvs.com
Wed Apr 11 12:40:48 CDT 2012

It kind of depends on your application.

We use IT watchdogs which is very good for monitoring- however if you want a last ditch warning the most useful gadget is the sensaphone.  It can dial several numbers and receive calls and announce the temp.  Unfortunately they do not have a SIP version.

It didn't do me any good to get a text or email in the middle of the night, but a phone call at 2:13 A.M. carries some weight.

Do the new netbotz units have a telephone capability?

-Nate