[Cialug] Odds 'n ends in harmony?

Zachary Kotlarek zach at kotlarek.com
Fri Sep 30 16:29:42 CDT 2011

That I hadn't seen. If you can reproduce it tweet Elan about it @plexapp. He's pretty responsive if you give him a useable debug environment/testing.

> Also, from what I can see I'm not sure if this will interface with MCE.  I can't find a client for Windows, only iOS, Android, and Mac…?

There is no official, native client for Win/Linux (yet), but PleXBMC works fairly well. The official Mac client is still about 85% XMBC anyway.
http://forums.plexapp.com/index.php/topic/27270-plexbmc-client-for-xbmc/page__hl__plexbmc

> Interesting idea though.  I may try to temporarily install it on Windows instead to see if I can beat it into submission and get it to do what I want support or no....
>
> If push comes to shove and it does what I want I'll find a replacement for VMWare.  I haven't been all that happy with it anyways.

I use KVM/qemu myself -- it's much more linux-y, at the cost of not having a slick web interface.

	Zach