[Cialug] sata drive bays

David Champion dchamp1337 at gmail.com
Thu Sep 29 11:04:44 CDT 2011

Those are OK... the price is pretty high for just the chassis and no drives.

I bet the price is lower, and performance is better if you buy the used
server and install your own open source NAS software.

Even buying new equipment, you can get a bottom-end Dell T110 server, with 4
internal SATA bays for about 1/2 of what that Synology box costs. It is
bigger, and takes a bit more work on your part, but IMHO you end up with a
better device.

-dc