[Cialug] Mythbuntu

Matt Stanton matt at itwannabe.com
Fri Sep 23 23:17:00 CDT 2011

I have one, but I only just got it two weeks ago and haven't gotten myth working with it...  I had it scan for channels successfully, but could never even get it to watch live tv, though I think I got it to tune and crash with the hdhomerun application that opens a stream in a video player.  Unfortunately, the cpu power of that backend isn't good enough for playback.

I may just need to use a better PC for the backend.  Until then, I can't report on the reliability of the tuners.  I got it, though, because it is simply the most recommended tuner in the Linux/MythTV community (as far as I have seen on forums and such).

-- Matt
Sent from my Viewsonic gTablet