[Cialug] OT: Richard Stallman's list of requests when speaking

Todd Walton tdwalton at gmail.com
Thu Oct 27 22:22:11 CDT 2011

On Thu, Oct 27, 2011 at 3:06 PM, Matthew Steven <matthew at geniusweb.com> wrote:
> Thanks for the link, I enjoyed reading it!
>
> He's a man who knows exactly what he wants, and balks at anything that might
> soften his impact.

I like RMS, and I like his obstinacy.  Nothing I read in his list of
speaking requirements seemed out of line to me.  It's certainly more
specific than the average, but all of that stuff either makes complete
sense (wanting to know how your participation will be perceived, not
wanting to inadvertently support something bad) or is trivial stuff
that would come out anyway, if not in the initial negotiating phase.

And as far as the former, the "complete sense", this is something we
should all be taking an interest in.  We should all have the moral
courage to fight for a better world in every detail.

And one should make no mistake that Linux would not exist without
Richard Stallman.

--
Todd