[Cialug] Where to find stale Debian packages

Daniel A. Ramaley daniel.ramaley at drake.edu
Tue Oct 11 14:29:04 CDT 2011

The last few weeks i've had a problem on my Debian Wheezy (Testing) box.
The Xorg process often pegs the CPU at 100% usage for many seconds,
during which time the machine is virtually unuseable. Iceweasel
(Firefox) seems to tickle the bug most often, but other apps do it too.

The last couple days i've been looking at bug reports. Turns out there
have been a large number of reports against nvidia-graphics-drivers and
xorg-server (both are source packages). It seems the problem is in the
way Xorg version 2:1.11.1 interacts with Nvidia drivers. I've tried
changing what version of the Nvidia drivers i use to no avail. So, i'd
like to try downgrading Xorg to version 2:1.11.0. The problem is, where
to get the packages?

The xorg-server source package actually generates lots of binary
packages, only 3 of which i have installed (xserver-common, xserver-
xephyr, xserver-xorg-core). So i just need to get the previous versions
of those 3. Any idea where to find a mirror that keeps stale packages?
__
Daniel A. Ramaley
Network Engineer 2

Dial Center 112, Drake University
2407 Carpenter Ave / Des Moines IA 50311 USA
Tel: +1 515 271-4540
Fax: +1 515 271-1938
E-mail: daniel.ramaley at drake.edu