[Cialug] OT: Hardware To Move in Ames

Matthew Steven matthew at geniusweb.com
Mon Oct 3 12:37:08 CDT 2011

Going to be moving sometime in the next year, so I'm trying to clear
some shelves. As you'll see I'm a big fan of small form factor (SFF) and
quiet, low power consumption computers.

Here's a partial list of stuff I'm hoping to re-home, with a suggested
price. Feel free to propose your own price, this is just based on a
quick scan of ebay or amazon and applying a big discount to that since I
don't have to hassle with shipping or seller fees.

Also- I'm happy to deliver whatever you want to take to the next
AmesLUG, or can meet in Ames anytime.

1)  A Pentium 3 SFF PC with 40Gb drive and at least 512Mb ram (I think
it's 1Gb, but haven't checked too closely). USBx4 (2 front), firewire,
onboard video, about 12"x14"x4".  $25.

2)  Jetway 12v powered carputer PVR/Mythtv frontend (what I used it
for):  HBJC230C63P-330D-B. SFF design. 2Gb DDR2 800mhz Hyper-X RAM.
Nvidia Ion, capable of rendering HD output with ease. HDMI / DVI / DSUB
video outputs. 12v coax input via AC adapter. Remote control. 6 USB
ports rear, 2 front. SD Card reader. CD-RW/DVD drive. Just add laptop
hard drive, I have an 80Gb one I might be talked out of for a little
extra. Google the model# for more specs/reviews. $250

3)  19" LCD monitor Envision EN9110. 4:3 ratio (not widescreen). Works
fine, minor scruffs. $30.

4) Shoebox sized (well a little taller, and less long) mini-itx PC.
Intel atom mobo (D945GCLF2 2 64-bit cores, 1.6ghz ea) 2Gb DDR2 ram,
500Gb Hard drive, onboard video, Lightscribe DVD/CD reader/recorder. $200.

5) Mid-tower ATX case, intel atom mobo (D945GCLF 1 32-bit core, 1.6
ghz), 2Gb DDR2 ram, 500Gb Hard drive, onboard video, CD/DVD drive of bad
reputation. $150

Cash only please, delivery in person. Many items (particularly hard
drives and memory) are still under mfgr warranty, not that you'll likely
need it since this gear is pretty well road-tested.

Reply off-list!

With all the PCs, no OS included, but I suspect you'll know where to
find a good one for free.

Cheers,
Matt

--