[Cialug] Dropbox style service?

Matthew Nuzum newz at bearfruit.org
Wed Nov 30 14:25:43 CST 2011

On Wed, Nov 30, 2011 at 1:29 PM, Daniel A. Ramaley <daniel.ramaley at drake.edu
> wrote:

> On 2011-11-30 at 12:34:30, L. V. Lammert wrote:
> >Before I start wading through the info, any pointer to a demo of a
> >Windoze client [being much more of an issue than Linux]?
>
> I think on Windows (more recent than XP, anyway) that you don't need a
> client to access WebDAV shares. On XP you do need a client, however. If
> you have to worry about Macs too, under OS X you don't need a client
> either.

Windows XP and newer do have it built in, previous versions have it if you
install MS Office. You go to add a network place and then paste in the URL
of the webdav share. In Mac OS you can go to Finder -> go -> connect to
server and paste in the URL. In Linux open Nautilus -> file -> connect to
server -> choose webdav or secure webdav -> paste in the URL.

--
Matthew Nuzum