[Cialug] Cygwin scripting and c binary execution

Jerry Stutte jfstut at charter.net
Wed Nov 30 14:18:38 CST 2011

I have a situation (using Cygwin) where I compiled some C code that
executes in a terminal just fine.

the purpose of the code is to gather statistics in windows.

I can execute these binaries using ssh (example)

ssh user at host /a-path/my-command(s)

however using a script to execute the commands (I use this script
regularly in a *nix environment)

I get an error (error while loading shared libraries: ?: cannot open
shared object file: no such file or directory)

the script does run but barfs on running the executable.

I imagine the bash script may be treated differently in cygwin
(referring to environment) when executed via ssh.

suggestions are appreciated (checked all permissions).

gerard stutte