[Cialug] Postini and Graylisting - Solved

Claus cniesen at gmx.net
Tue Nov 29 10:43:36 CST 2011

Todd,

My picture is as follows:
   Postini > Internet > greylist-box > client Inbox

So I'm already happily running postfix with postgray for many years.  It
does a great job in avoiding spam and I haven't missed many mails.

The issue I have is that someone I now need to communicate with uses
Postini for their outbound emails.  Postini strangely tried to deliver
the email exactly once. It didn't even try sending the message from a
different IP.

The true problem I guess is that I forgot about the whitelist of
postgrey.  Things were just running to great for too long. LOL! Looking
at the latest release of postgrey I see an entry for postini.com.  I
updated the white list and I should be fine for the next few years until
I will have forgotten all this again.

   Claus