[Cialug] FOSS Incident tracking

Todd Walton tdwalton at gmail.com
Sun Nov 20 20:57:18 CST 2011

On Thu, Nov 17, 2011 at 4:16 PM, Matthew Nuzum <newz at bearfruit.org> wrote:
> I've seen companies use some pretty amazingly awful tools with great success
> (Tom Pohl might know what I mean). I think that step 1 is getting them to
> agree to use *any* system. Once that's accomplished (the agreement part),
> identify one that meets your needs. I'd suggest turning off advanced
> features and only enable then after users adjust in order to lower the
> learning curve.

I do this for a living, running an ITIL-compliant service management
tool.  What makes more sense to me is not so much training people on
the tool, but rather developing a process and implementing it, and
*then* putting a tool in to support the process.  There's a case to be
made for performing those steps separate from each other.

--
Todd