[Cialug] CIALUG Google+ Circle

Todd Walton tdwalton at gmail.com
Tue Nov 1 16:16:39 CDT 2011

On Tue, Nov 1, 2011 at 8:26 AM, Josh More <jmore at starmind.org> wrote:
> Sorry Todd, but I think it's you.  :)
>
> You can set your Google+ privacy settings at
> https://plus.google.com/settings/privacy

Yes, you are correct that there are privacy settings there.  But
there's no way to limit who can add you to their circles, is there?

> In fact, log out and compare these two Google+ profiles.  I suspect this may
> be the reasons for the "stalking" of one but not the other.
>
> Note that Todd is also sharing Photos, Videos and Buzz and Ken is not.  This
> makes Todd's profile much more findable, but at a cost of privacy.

You're probably right!  But still.  Even with my profile visible
(which I did intentionally) I'm not yet understanding why anyone would
add me to their circles.  Perhaps Andrew is right that they're hoping
for that micro-percent chance that I'll reciprocate.

--
Todd