[Cialug] AmesLug: Meets tonight

Matthew Steven matthew at geniusweb.com
Thu May 12 09:44:44 CDT 2011

AmesLUG-

Tonight I'll show you how I set up my G-Tablet* with a custom Android
rom, and give you a chance to check it out. It is pretty satisfying to
run a mobile phone OS on a (by comparison) grossly overpowered device.
I'll also answer questions about the rooting/backing-up/restoring
process which also applies to Android phones as well as tablets.

Show and tell as well, if you have something you think might be
interesting to show/tell bring it along.

Be there: 7:30, Ames Public Library Founder's Suite, program starts at
8, wraps up 8:45.

Cheers,
Matt

*  http://www.viewsonic.com/gtablet/