[Cialug] xorg.conf.d

L. V. Lammert lvl at omnitec.net
Tue May 3 15:25:45 CDT 2011

At 03:16 PM 5/3/2011, you wrote:

>But if the POST isn't running when the second card is present, the
>xorg.conf.d isn't going to run either, is it?

Many of the cards would POST, .. but none could be initialized with X.

>Also, I still want to see how the system does with a USB display
>interface. I expect it to be slow, but would like to see just how bad
>it looks.

I have little expectation it would work, .. but it might be worth a quick try.

>And, does a USB interface access xorg.conf.d or its replacement? (I'm
>guessing maybe yes?)

The xorg docs seem to imply that configs can be in either format, ...
my idea was to, hopefully, run startx with the different cards to
create config files in /etc/X11/xorg.conf.d/ so they would be simpler
to manage than pawing througn /etc/X11/xorg.conf.

Can you download an OpenSuSE 11.4 live DVD? Might be interesting to
try a different distro.

         Lee