[Cialug] xorg.conf.d

Don Ellis don.ellis at gmail.com
Tue May 3 15:16:51 CDT 2011

On Tue, May 3, 2011 at 3:10 PM, L. V. Lammert <lvl at omnitec.net> wrote:
> Still working on these video card problems, .. I realized that 10.04 LTS
> does not have an xorg.conf.d directory, .. whereas my OpenSuSE systems have
> had an xorg.conf.d for some time. Debian 6.0 also lacks an xorg.conf.d.
>
> So, .. which distros/versions are USING xorg.conf.d? It seems like that
> might be an advantage when configuring two separate video cards, .. ??
>
>        Lee

But if the POST isn't running when the second card is present, the
xorg.conf.d isn't going to run either, is it?

First task is to find a card that survives the POST. Once we've done
that, we can try fiddling with xorg.conf.d

Also, I still want to see how the system does with a USB display
interface. I expect it to be slow, but would like to see just how bad
it looks.

And, does a USB interface access xorg.conf.d or its replacement? (I'm
guessing maybe yes?)

--Don Ellis